FIDC works to deliver the objectives set out in the Rural Development Strategy and, in collaboration with the Rural Development Strategy Steering Group and other stakeholders from the public and private sectors, to help further develop Camp as a thriving community and economy.
The membership of the RDS Steering Group includes the two Members of Legislative Assembly who hold the RDS portfolio, the Chief Executive of the Falkland Islands Government (FIG), the Managing Director of FIDC, the FIG Head of Policy, the FIG Senior Agricultural Advisor, and up to four Camp representatives.
The current members are:
MLA Phyl Rendell
Portfolio Holder & Chair
Mr Adam Dawes
Senior Agriculture Advisor
MLA Ian Hansen
Deputy Portfolio Holder
Mr Barry Rowland
Mr Andrew Pollard
Mr Martin Slater
Managing Director of FIDC
Mr Ben Berntsen
East Falkland Representative
Mrs Nadia Knight
West Falkland Representative
Miss Louise Pole-Evans
Outer Islands Representative
Head of Policy
RDS Steering Group Terms of Reference
1. The RDSSG will have strong commitment to the achieving the RDS Vision.
2. The RDSSG will be responsible for the production of an annual RDS Action Plan and will ensure alignment between the RDS strategy and the RDS Action Plan.
3. The RDSSG will achieve the RDS strategic objectives through the delivery of the RDS Action Plan. The delivery of the Action Plan will reflect the RDS Priorities of Business, Workforce, Services, Infrastructure and Environment.
4. The delivery of the RDS Action Plan will be aligned with the RDS’s 4 guiding principles:
Community engagement and ownership
Joined up working across the public sector
Positive and effective integration with the EDS
Growth Poles (REZ's)
1. The RDSSG will be responsible for recommending budgetary strategy and monitoring risks.
2. The RDSSG will be responsible for submitting projects for draw down approval to either the Head of Policy or the Chief Executive.
3. The RDSSG will be responsible for the annual review of the RDS and the delivery of an annual report.
4. The RDS will be proactive and dynamic. The RDSSG will help to identify threats and/or hurdles to the delivery of the RDS under the Priority areas and contribute to problem solving.
5. The RDSSG will provide a support structure for the FIDC Development Team in terms of problem solving and conflict resolution as and when required.
For more information on the workings of the RDS Steering Group, please contact the contact FIDC Development Team on
FIDC acts as the national economic development agency for the Falkland Islands and is tasked to develop the commercial sector of the Falkland Islands by being one of the principal partners delivering the Economic, Rural and Tourism Development Strategies.
To help drive sustainable economic growth and assist in the creation of new jobs and opportunities, FIDC provides various forms of support and assistance to the Falkland’s business community.
Working towards a highly successful, diverse and sustainable economy for the Falkland Islands