Similar to the Rural Development Strategy (RDS), this strategy complements the Economic Development Strategy (EDS), but with a specific focus on developing the tourism industry in the Falklands. We are already delivering actions contained within the strategy, including establishing a new air link, increasing passenger exchange and developing Stanley Waterfront.
The Tourism Development Strategy (TDS) was originally developed and approved in 2011. We are a member of the TDS Group, which is chaired by FIG. The Group is also comprised of other representatives from FIG, the Falkland Islands Tourist Board, and private sector stakeholders.
A number of the delivery actions contained within the TDS Action Plan are currently being delivered by us. The following TDS Action Points are currently incorporated into a number of our projects:
- Development of a North/South air link.
- Restoration of air/cruise passenger exchanges in the Falkland Islands.
- Development of two high quality tourist lodges.
- Development of the Stanley Waterfront.
- Improvements to the tourism activities currently offered in the Falkland Islands.