The Falkland Islands Development Corporation’s mission is to encourage and assist in the economic development of the Falkland Islands. To meet this end, FIDC is able to provide financial assistance to local businesses to aid them in meeting their objectives. The limit on this grant is £5,000 or 50% of the total project cost, whichever is the lowest. The applicant must be able to fund 50% of the project cost themselves and are welcome to apply for a loan from FIDC, should they consider it as beneficial for their business
In order for an application for assistance to be considered, the following conditions must be met:
- The proposal helps FIDC meet its aim;
- The grant is for business purposes;
- The business must have five or less employees;
- The business must be a “local” business, with the majority of it’s turnover staying within the Falkland’s economy;
- The Business must be based within the Stanley boundary as defined by the Enviromental Planning Office;
- If an established business, it can prove that there are barriers to it’s growth through the provision of accounts;
- A completed signed application form has been received.
The Falkland Islands Development Corporation’s Credit Committee will make the decision on whether to support your application. The Credit Committee meets once a month. Following the meeting, we will contact you to inform you of the Committee’s decision.
If you would like to apply for funding from this grant scheme, please download and complete the following form;
document The Small Business Support Grant Scheme Application Form